What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files, sent to your computer, tablet or smarthphone and stored on your device’s hard drive, while you visit different websites. The file usually contains the name of the website, “life expectancy” of the cookie (the time of its existence) and randomly generated unique number used to identify the browser, using which you connect to the website.
- Cookies are used for:
- adapting the content of the website to user preferences and improving the website; in particular cookies allow to properly display the website according to your previously set preferences,
- creating statistics, that help to understand the number of people who use the website, and how they use it, so that we can continuously make improvements to it,
- maintaining user session after logging in, so the site does not demand retyping your login and password,
- supplying users with advertising content matching their interests.
- stricty necessary cookies – some of the cookies on our website are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, e.g. the cookies, used to authentication within the service,
- safety cookies – used to ensure,
- performance/analytics cookies – allowing us to gather information about how the visitors use the website,
- functional cookies – integral to the website functionality, enabling the user-selected settings and personalized interface, e.g. the language or region, font size, website appearance etc,
- advertising cookies – cookies widely used in online advertising, enabling the content matching your interests.
- Our website also allows third parties access to the cookies saved on your device. We cooperate with service advertisers, research companies and multimedia applications providers.